Friday, August 21, 2009

Hi, my name is Becky


Sorry for the outdated pic (in Dec it will be ten years old), but I am the photographer, so I am always behind the camera.
My name is Becky and I began my quilting journey in 2008. I discovered Moda Charm Packs and haven't stopped since. I love bright colors and normally quilt with them. (although black, white, and red keeps calling me back again right now). My quilts normally have a home before they are even started...and that is what keeps me going-the excitement of giving it to the unsuspecting friend.
I am a mostly stay-at-home mom with a small business of my own taking virtual tour pictures for a small handful of the best realtors in the world (and, yes, I am a little partial). My husband travels Monday through Friday now, and quilting/fabric shopping helps me to stay sane. I have two daughters, almost nine and almost seven. We are working on a Fancy Nancy inspired princess room for the youngest and getting ready for our first over-scaled birthday party in Sept. Finished a beautiful teal and purple quilt for the oldest a few months ago.
I have two blogs...one that shares all about me and the current project (http://becky-mccoy.blogspot.com/) and one that catalogs my quilting journey (http://simplymemorablebybecky.blogspot.com/).
I recently discovered two websites that constantly feed my dashboard with quilting inspiration and love it all. I am so addicted to quilt magazines and fabric and can't stop myself from buying as much as possible of both. I go in JoAnns so often that they all know me and love show-and-tell time.
Besides quilting, I also like to sew bags and purses...crochet and knit. I love fast projects!
That was really wordy so I will end there.
(I haven't ever done this sort of thing before and am really looking forward to it! Thanks Melissa for inviting me! Really looking forward to getting to know each one of you!)
Becky
*I made the wedding dress I am wearing in the pic...wish I would have had the skills then that I have ten years later...I would have been able to make the top part fit much better! LOL!

1 comment:

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Becky, your dress is beautiful. I will be married nine years in December!