Monday, August 10, 2009

Gayly

I am a stay at home, home schooling mom of 4 great kids (two born to me, two born in my heart) and married to my best friend for almost 14 years. I started sewing with my grandmother as a child and in 4-H. I have always loved quilts and started quilting more about 6 1/2 years ago when I was on bed rest during my pregnancy with our first child. I took a few classes after she was born at a little quilt shop near our home and really got hooked!

4 years ago, while waiting for our daughter to come home from China, I began making baby quilts to take with us to donate to the children left behind at her orphanage. I think that is when I really fell in love with quilting as a passion. You can check out our family here or my quilt blog here (it is new, I finally split the 2 so it doesn't have much on it yet!)

Sorry the picture is a bit of a mug shot, I don't have many of myself:)


No comments: