Saturday, October 2, 2010

Linus

                                    
For my charity project I have chosen the Linus Project.  This is a charity that is very close to my heart.  My daughter Marjorie was not breathing on her own at birth and she spent several weeks on a ventilator at Stormont Vail in Topeka KS.  During her stay she was given a crocheted blanket from Project Linus. 

Project Linus is comprised of hundreds of local chapters and thousands of volunteers across the United States. Each volunteer and local chapter work together to help achieve the mission which is to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers."

This month I would like to see our group make baby blankets to donate to this organization.  They can be made of anything (fleece, cotton, yarn,  ect.)  Be creative and have fun!  You can either send the finished blankets to me and I will deliver them to the Topeka chapter or you can send them to a chapter closer to you.  Your choice.  Check out their website to learn more about their organization and/or find a chapter near you.   http://www.projectlinus.org/index.html

Here is a picture of Marjorie now with the blanket she recieved from the Linus Project.  We felt very blessed to be a recipient of one of these blankets. 

5 comments:

Tamera said...

Cool! I'm there. We do have a chapter in Fargo, so I may donate it there.

Unknown said...

Awesome, I'm a Linus Chapter Coordinator.

Patty said...

Alright y I on it.

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

I will donate at our chapter here! Great idea!

Unknown said...

I love that charity! And I crocheted an afghan from that same pattern, in the same color your daughter is holding in that picture many, many moons ago for my friends baby. That brought a smile to my face. Marjorie is a doll!