Monday, May 31, 2010

This and That

Hi girls. I'm having a contest on my blog right now called Trimmed with Love. Basically you can enter anything you've added trim to -- ric rac, eyelet, etc etc etc. Lots of awesome prizes too!
In other news, I was wondering who wants to continue this group for another year? I understand (believe me I understand) if anyone is too busy. I think I would enjoy another time though. If you want, you can privately e-mail me. I believe we started in September last year, so it's probably time to think about it.

Also, would you like to change it up any way? I know sometimes people start with their own center square and then the quilt is passed to a different person each month who will add a border until the quilt is finished. There can be different border themes each month. Tell me what you think.

And in one personal side note, I plan to sign a contract with a fabric company this week to design fabric for them. (squeal) It's a dream for me and I can't believe it's really happening.

Take care!
Love, Melissa

7 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I hope you continue...I'm just a follower on the blog. I heard about you through Linda at Prairie Flower Farm...another great lady :) :)

I am a beginning quilter...and I like how you post one block a month. it's easy for me to follow...I"m working on my own quilt by hand. It's taking forever, but that's good and that's okay :) :) I will eventually start making some of these blocks here :) :)

So I vote "yes" please..:) :) :) :)

Thank you for running this blog as well as Lilac Farm...I'm now following both :) :) :)

Also, mucho thanks for letting me post a comment here :) Greetings from Oregon,
Heather H :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Although I haven't got to experience this fully yet, as my month is Sept, I would like to continue this group. Maybe move me up in the year a bit, Melissa. haha

Linda Stubbs said...

I am game!!!!!!! Keep me in! Thank you Melissa for all you do for us!
Blessings, Linda

quilt'n-mama said...

I would love to continue:)
Gayly

Patty said...

I'm in too. What ever you decide is okay with me.
Congratulations Melissa, I know it's very exciting for you. I'm looking forward to seeing your designs.

Iva said...

Melissa, although I've been late getting blocks out the past few months (my apologies to all concerned), I would love to continue another year. Congratulations to you on your exciting new venture!

Linda, hubby and I leave later in the week first for my daughter's wedding and then a week-long vacation -- which is so needed. I'll be working on your block during the drive. Can't wait to get started, but right now I've got to get that wedding dress finished!!

Becky said...

I have loved every part of it...although I haven't found my package for last month's square and haven't made it yet...its in a box somewhere. I have a new address, again, so it has been a little crazy. I probably need to bow out since the next year is going to insure that life keeps a little crazy. I am just now getting mine done...and I was from the first month. And it couldn't have come at a better time for me. Can't wait to finish quilting and get it on my bed. I love you gals and you mean the world to me!
Becky