Monday, November 15, 2010

Meet Jenny

Meet Jenny

Where do you live?

I live in Fort Wayne, IN.  Have been here my whole life outside of 3 years in college and 6 months in London, England.  My whole family is here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Do you have any hidden talents?

If I do, they are hidden even from me....

Name two things you consider yourself to be pretty good at.

I am a pretty good volleyball player. 
I am a pretty good pen pal...been writing (snail mail) a friend from college at least once a month since we graduated...

Name two things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

I am bad at filling out questionnaires like this one (hence..I am 2 months late in doing so....)
I am a pretty bad driver.  No accidents or things like that, I just don't enjoy it, and always am the first to volunteer to read the map.
Do you have any siblings? What are they like?

I have three sisters.

Shelly is the oldest and the glue that keeps us together.
Penny is next...she is the mother hen...she has 5 kids and they are her universe.  She gives them 110% everyday.
Brina is the baby of our family.  She is my best friend.

Have you ever won a trophy?

Lots of sports trophies in high school and college....nothing that stands out in my memory now though...
Name one thing that not many people know about you?

I have very large bunions.
What is your earliest memory?

When Brina fell off some steps and cut her eyelid on an exposed nail.  My mom was giving Penny a bath upstairs and Shelly and I were in the basement trying to scream loud enough for mom to hear over the bathtub and also trying to stop all the blood...Brina was less than a year old...I was probably 5.  The next day was Monday and I would not come into the house after school because I was so scared of Brina's huge black eye and stitches...

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Geez, still trying to figure that out...I think I mostly wanted to be a good mother.
What are you passionate about?

My husband, my children, my relationship with my family and friends....
Who is the person you respect the most and why?

I think Kent, my husband is a pretty amazing person.  I respect him so much.
What outdoor activities to you like?

I love taking walks, bike rides, mowing the grass.
If your house was on fire and you could only grab 3 things before leaving, what would they be?

I can't think of anything more important than my husband and 2 kids.
What is your most favorite place on earth?

I love England...I love Italy...I love to travel, but home is where my heart is.
***********************************************************************************
OK, see, I told you I was no good at these things...
I finished my stocking tonight will post picture tomorrow...
I got my flannel washed and ready for a scrappy blanket for Project Linus...tomorrow nights project!!
 
Again...sorry it has taken me so long to crawl out from under my rock! 

3 comments:

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

I think you did great. Parts were funny and parts were touching. I already "know" you but it's always good to know more. And I'm with you on the driving thing.

Patty@inStitches said...

Jenny - my favorite adult as a child was my Granma Jenny. I learned most of the domestic arts from 'helping' her;)
And the driving I can relate to - I get the shakes at any speed over 25mph...
Welcome, welcome - this is really a lot of fun!

Ambi said...

Wow - I just stumbled upon this blog via a link from a blog (and to that one from a link in another blog) and I think it is great that you guys do all of these projects! I'm very interested in quilting, but very new to sewing, so it'll be a bit before I can even think about making such great creations.
I just found it interesting to come across someone from FW in my blog-jumping tonight. I was born & raised in FW, but just moved to MN a few years ago. And if you decide to see anybody about your 'secret bunions,' Dr. Lynne Stafford is the BEST foot surgeon. She's not only a great surgeon, but an amazing person. I would highly recommend her to anybody with foot ailments. Happy quilting!