Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introducing Melissa

Here's a questionnaire for everyone continuing or starting our group. Just copy the questions and make a new post.

Where do you live?
Colby, Kansas

Do you have any hidden talents?

Hmm. I'm awfully good at interior decorating. Is that hidden???


Name two things you consider yourself to be very good at.
Sewing and thinking up ideas.




Name two things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
Anything involving knowing what direction you're going. (Christy, no need to elaborate here.)
Most sports.


Do you have any siblings? What are they like?
Christy -- she's awesome. She's in our group and loves to sew too!
Ryan -- my brother who has four, yes four children. One is 10, one 5, one 3 and one 2. (I think!)
Julie -- my other sister who is equally awesome but not so much into crafts and sewing. She's an eye doctor which comes in so handy!
Kyle -- my sweet brother who lives clear in Philadephia, PA. I miss him! I used to make him bottles of chocolate milk and lay down with him until he went to sleep at night.
Wyatt -- the youngest, still in college, what can I say? Wilder than the rest of us but so likeable. Lots and lots of friends. We always say he could be president.
Have you ever won a trophy?


Maybe for a speech or something. Definitely not sports. Except my husband gave me a tennis trophy that said I Love You on the bottom. (how sweet!)

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
I'm actually pretty shy. And I sing solos at my church. I know, they don't go together.


What is your earliest memory?
I remember being two and peeing on my dad's dress pants as he was eating breakfast before school. (He's a teacher.) He was really mad and I had to wear diapers again! Funny what you remember.


What was your favorite musical group when you were in Junior High?
Probably MC Hammer. Be honest, Christy.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
a ballerina. I won a poster contest for drawing myself as one in first grade.
What are you passionate about?

art. Especially in schools. I am currently teaching it (for free) for our local Christian School. And also music (which I definitely cannot teach), PE (yeah not that either), recess, ag, home-ec, and all those other "non-essential" classes. Also 4-H and preserving the arts for future generations.


Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

Jesus Christ, because, hello, he is the way, the truth and the life.

What outdoor activities do you like to do?

Play tennis, have picnics, hike in the mountains, ride my bike, run.

If your house was on fire and you could grab only 3 things before leaving, what would they be?
Easy. Anna, Nathan and Emilie. Hopefully my husband can get himself out. But if it's not including people, then the kids photo albums, my sewing machine and my pillow which took forever to find.


Which is your most favorite place on this earth?
I'll probably go with my hometown of Bogue, Kansas. It is so little and so peaceful.

1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

So cute...and I had to laugh at the question "who is the person you respect the most and why?"...not the answer...the answer is so RIGHT ON :) :)...It was so cute how you expressed it :) :) :) I'm so glad that Jesus saved me :) :) I have a few friends that live in Kansas...how random is that? Kansas isn't just for Toto and Dorothy anymore. My dad LOVES small towns...so we'll have to check this place out!!! Anyhoo...have a lovely weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)