Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What would you do?

tick tock tick tock...

just got the AIDS cross block quilt from the quilters today...nearly 1/2 done with the binding...must put a label on it tomorrow....

I thought for sure that i would wash this quilt before handing it over...but now I'm not positive.  can i get your advice?

raffle quilt
LOTS of red fabrics...granted I asked everyone to prewash their reds, but still.....i have Shout color catchers and am not afraid to use them....
(any advice for washing this 68x90 RED quilt if i go that way?)

pictures posted soon!  thanks again everyone for your help!!

3 comments:

Patty said...

I've use the shout color catchers before and they work fine, so if you decide to wash that's what I would use. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Natalie said...

I prefer the Carbona color catchers to shout because you can use them over and over. I would wash the finished quilt for sure. I hope you have a chance to take and share some pictures before you send it off!

Patty@inStitches said...

I buy vintage quilts, many of which need washing. It works best to use cold water and a soap formulated for delicate / quilt fabrics. On really strong reds, or very old fabrics we test first by pressing a clean damp white cloth to the fabric. Bleeders usually give up some color. Can't wait to see the pictures!