Monday, May 2, 2011

I Didn't Forget. . .

Hello Ladies!  Is it May already?  Yes, it is.  And finally warming up here. . .  Hooray!

For my month I have decided to do something a little different. . .

Dress a Girl Around the World-- Imagine a world where every little girl owned at least one dress. . .

This company sends dresses everywhere in the world, to those in need-- 23,000 dresses sent out to date.  For more information, you can go to their website here.



So what do you have to do?

Make at least one pillowcase dress.  There are instructions listed here.  Or make up your own.  They are super easy and fast to make, but turn out so cute!

I absolutely LOVE the idea that some little girl in Uganda or some other place in the world is twirling in a  brand new dress that I made.

You can send the dresses directly to them:

Hope 4 Women International
34975 N Valley Parkway
Bldg 1 Unit 102/104
Phoenix AZ 85086 
 
Or if you prefer, you can send them directly to me.
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

6 comments:

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

How fun! I can't wait. Do they have to be pillowcase dresses?

Natalie said...

yay! I love making this type of dress!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this idea!

Patty said...

Cool, can't wait to get going!

Jenny said...

on my agenda for this weekend!

Jenny said...

ok, in the mail tomorrow morning!