Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let's Do It!

Is everyone on board for the Round Robin?
Do you think we can still get a ship by date of the end of February so we can start working on each others projects by the beginning of March?

Let's say we ship out a center medallion between 16" and 24".  Feel free to send out an idea of where you would like to see the quilt go.  Maybe a travel journal that can document who worked on your quilt and why they added what they did.  Also, if you would like to have an autograph/siggie block to add to the block mention that too.

Let's sew from our own stash.

I'll propose a shipping order of:

Christy
Hollie
Jenny
Marie
Melissa
Patty

simply ship to the person under you in the list.  Patty ships to Christy.

Does that shipping order need to be tweaked?
Do we need to set a size minimum and maximum to the round you sew to a medallion? 4" to 8"???
Let's discuss!!

8 comments:

Patty@inStitches said...

Oh, Good! My center is ready to go.

Maybe we should each attach a note for "special" instructions like:

Please no pink
or
Maximum size of ___ inches
or
Please sign your border
or whatever???

Unknown said...

That sounds great too me. Also is there a set amount of extra fabric we need to include in our packages? Like 1 yard or a 1/2 yard?

Jenny said...

Glad you are on board Hollie!

I would be just as happy if we each sewed from our own stash...so no extra fabric is mailed along with your center.

Does that make sense?
Is that OK?

Patty@inStitches said...

I can sure trust you all not to mess up my "masterpiece"!) I just hope you don't laugh yourself silly when you see it - IT is nothing like the WOW stuff I've been seeing on some of the websites I've been checking out. But it's totally me :Oh yes..

Unknown said...

That sounds great Jenny. The last round robin I attempted required that you send some fabric along, and I don't think I sent enough. But I like the idea of adding from your own stash.

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Hi everyone. I'm sorry that I can't commit to this right now. If it started this summer, I would be able to. I am undertaking a massive project and, in fact, I will probably be writing to many of you privately to ask for a little help. Thanks for understanding!

Unknown said...

I tried a Round Robin last year that failed, but I have a partially completed center. I think there was one, maybe two rounds added to it. Because of this it's a little larger, obviously, than a standard center would be to start. Would any of you mind if I submitted this as my starting point anyway? I would love to return it to it's intended purpose as a charity, round robin quilt. I realize that it would be a little larger than everyone else's, so if it bothers anyone please let me know. I really don't mind finishing it on my own and starting a new center.

Jenny said...

i think that is a fine idea Hollie! Im ok with it!