Thursday, June 3, 2010

June Block

Hi Everyone, Sorry for the delay but here is June's block. I have picked a disappearing nine patch with a finished size of 12.5 in with 1/4" seam allowances. You can find a tutorial here or if you would rather just make a nine patch block measuring 12.5" that is fine too.

Colors: 30's print. I love the 30's print in any color and if you don't have any just send me an email and I would be happy to mail you some for the block.

Here are some of my Grandma's quilts from the 30's for a little inspiration:

Have fun and THANK YOU ALL so much for taking time to sew for me. I plan on making a lap quilt out of the blocks and giving it to my Grandma who is in the nursing home.

Marie

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like fun Marie! I have fabric I can use!

Carmen Rigby-Willson said...

Just bought mine on Etsy. Can't wait to start! :D

Unknown said...

I have fabric as well.....

Patty said...

Sounds like fun, I've got the fabric and this will be my first ever disappearing nine patch.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I love these quilts. My favorite was the one ..oh, now I can't remember what it's called "Irish chain.." or something like that. Anyway, that one was my favorite of all the beautiful photos :) :) :) You've definitely inspired me. I like how you do a different quilt block a month :) :) I've been looking for something like this for awhile actually..in a magazine or something similar.. This is much better :) Have a great weekend.
Sincerely, Heather :) :) :)

Carmen Rigby-Willson said...

I got my fabric today! Sewing planned for tomorrow. I haven't ever made a disappearing nine patch, either.