Friday, January 1, 2010

The January Block

Ok, I think you all received my CRAZY fabric in the mail. If not, drop me an email and I'll send you some! BTW, you are free to keep what is left from the block... I still have 10 yards of it! I guess that is what happens when you make mistakes ordering online:)

I actually think you guys are going to make it into something unique and awesome, I have faith in you and can't wait to see your creations!

The first thing you need to do is pick on of the colors in the fabric and get a solid coordinate. I'd like the blocks to be 2 fabric blocks only. Then pick a 15" block- pattern of your choice. I do really like different types of star blocks but I am open to anything you choose! (finished- 15 1/2 inch unfinished)- I know that is huge but I'm trying to use up the fabric and I actually think it will turn out pretty cool! There are several great patterns here: http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeD.html

Happy Sewing! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Gayly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

alright, I got my star block picked out for you..time to get to sewing

quilt'n-mama said...

I tried to edit this above but my vomputer won't let me... it should read (15" finished, 15 1/2 inch unfinished.

I mentioned stars, but honestly I am open to whatever you guys want to try as long as they are only 2 fabric blocks and the size:)

Happy New Year!!!!

Gayly