Saturday, August 20, 2011

July's project

I'm super sorry I am so late with July's project Melissa!  I didn't have fray check, so I knotted the edges of the ribbon...which happens to be Christmas ribbon that says "Believe".  I plan to gift this to my best friends mother who has just had a major surgery and will most likely have a walker for a very long time.

Although you can't see it in the picture, I did 4 pockets...one very narrow one for a pencil and then 3 more that are 4 to 6 inches wide.  I used this same home dec fabric for the front and the back.  I think the needle on my machine would have preferred cotton weight for the back!!!

2 comments:

Patty@inStitches said...

Pretty fabric! Can you remember what line or company it is?

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Beautiful! Jenny, I love the fabric too. And I bet your friend's mother will just love it.